LAKESHORE UNITED SOCCER ACADEMY
Rules and Regulations
Since Lakeshore United Soccer Academy (LUSA) was founded in 2013, we have enjoyed many successes on and off the soccer field. Some key reasons for our success and longevity have been to communicate clearly with the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy participants, to provide fair playing opportunities and to conduct club business in an organized and fair manner. These club rules and regulations are important guidelines for conducting club operations for continued success in the spirit of this soccer club. Before you agree to become a member of this club, please take the time to read and understand this document.
Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Name and Logo
The full legal name of the Academy is Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Inc. (as defined in the LU AcademyClub). The club Shield is below:
This logo is for the exclusive use of Lakeshore United Soccer Academy. It may be used on all club equipment and T-shirts, warm up suits, bag, hats, etc. Only this logo can be used. No variation of this logo may be used for any purpose.
Lakeshore United Soccr Academy and Teams:
Participants of Lakeshore United Soccer Academy agree to put the LUSA interests ahead of the team. When decisions are made regarding conflicts between the LUSA and a particular team, the LUSA will come first.
Lakeshore United Soccer Academy decisions will be made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. The decisions of the Board will be final and without appeal.
Lakeshore United Soccer Academy and Individual
Participants of Lakeshore United Soccer Academy agree to put the interests of the team ahead of the interests of the player. If conflicts arise between a team and player, the team coach, under the guidance of the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Board, will be responsible to make decisions for the good of the team. Decisions will be made after gathering all relevant information and with consultations of those involved. The coach’s decisions will be objective and based upon the best evaluation of the facts. Once a decision has been made, the participants must agree to abide with the decision.
Lakeshore United Soccer Academy is about promoting participation, education, physical development and enjoyment of the sport of soccer in an organized LUSA environment. Participation of our LUSA players, coaches, game officials and spectators should be positive in nature.
The Lakeshore United Soccer Academy expects its members to display a high level of sportsmanship and fair play.
All participants in our club are expected to comply with our “Codes of Conduct” as defined in this document.
Lakeshore United Soccer Academy is a volunteer based organization. As such, we rely heavily on our participants for ensuring our Academy operates smoothly in all functions. Each participant is expected to donate time contributing towards LUSA operations and the overall betterment of the Academy. Any Academy participant may discuss ways of volunteering time with the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Board of Directors, coaches and staff.
2. Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Authorities and Procedures
Authority of the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Board of Directors
The Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Board of Directors shall conduct the business of the LUSA in accordance with the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Constitution and published policies and rules of the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy.
The Board will also conduct club business pursuant to published rules of other declared authorities and governing organizations.
Authority of Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Appointees
Appointed positions shall manage the business of their role as defined by the Board of Directors and shall report on their role and the Lakeshore United Soccr Academy business where requested by the Board.
Appointees may be requested to review their function with the Board and revise or modify their role if deemed necessary.
Revoking an Appointment
The Board may choose to revoke an appointment from an individual. An appointment may be revoked following a determination by the Board that an appointed person has:
- Misused their position in managing LUSA business for personal gain.
- Managed or interfered with LUSA business outside the scope of their defined responsibilities. Conducted themselves in contravention of published LUSA rules.
- Been unable to perform the required functions satisfactorily.
- The Board will discuss the raised concern(s) with the appointed before making a final determination on the future of the appointed member in their role.
3. General Operations
Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Equipment
The Lakeshore United Soccer Academy will own equipment for use by LUSA teams. LUSA Equipment will be managed by a LUSA Equipment Manager which will be appointed by the Board of Directors. The Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Equipment Manager will:
- maintain an inventory of all LUSA equipment
- manage the timely delivery and return of LUSA equipment to/from LUSA team coaches
- work with team coaches to determine the required equipment for LUSA teams.
It is the responsibility of the team coaches (and any players in possession of Lakeshore United Soccer Academy equipment) to collect and promptly return all equipment following the completion of their competition.
Team coaches and players are expected to comply with all club equipment policies and to observe communicated return deadlines as set forth by the Board of Directors and Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Equipment Manager. Failure to return club equipment within these terms will be subject to club discipline.
Players will provide their own playing equipment (including soccer shoes).
Practice and game uniforms will be supplied by the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy and purchased by the participants individually.
Similar situation will be with goalkeepers' equipment for each team.
Fields and Facilities Management
The Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Board of Directors, or a designated appointed member, will manage all field and facility bookings for use by the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy. The LUSA will book required fields and facilities as needed but will observe the guidelines of the approved club budget.
Any LUSA participantr can approach the Board or appointed member with input for bookings or offer assistance to secure facilities, but the LUSA will only pay for bookings as approved by stated LUSA authorities.
The Lakeshore United Soccer Academy will manage the player registration process with the appropriate district and league authorities.
Annual LUSA participant fee will be announced at the end of each calendar year.
All other team fees will be determined by the team managers.
4. Team Management
Team Coach Responsibilities
The team coach assumes all team internal and external management responsibilities.
- Acts as official team contact for LUSA, league and other organizations.
- Handles team official functions required at team matches.
- Manages team roster selection in conjunction with other coaches.
- Provides all team requirements to club, league and district as required, including but not limited to discipline matters.
- Represent the team at the LUSA executive meetings.
- Upholds LUSA rules within the team.
- Organizing and conducting team practices.
- Maintaining a safe and positive playing environment for all team members.
- Managing the team lineup and coordinating player callups.
- Managing game day duties for the team.
- Communicating team information to the players including game schedules, practices, carpool arrangements, etc.
The team coach may elect to delegate some of these responsibilities to one or more team managers. Team managers manage any of these responsibilities are expected to perform the role with due diligence that would be expected from the team coach.
The team coach will set team practice policy with agreement of the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Head Coach/Technical Director. The team practice policy must be suitable for the relative competitive level for the team.
Practices should be conducted in a safe and positive playing environment.
Each team practice should have a plan within the development framework for the team.
It is recommended that practices include segments devoted to physical fitness, individual ball skills and team tactics.
Game Day Duties
The team coach and/or assistants will manage the following game day duties:
- Coordinate availability and setup of required equipment including net, corner flags, game ball, team jerseys etc.
- Facilitating card checking procedures and submitting required game documentation per league rules.
- Manage player substitutions during games, or set a pre-defined arrangement for the players to follow.
- Collect copies of game sheets from game official following match.
- Ensure that all team equipment is collected before leaving field after match.
Conflict Resolution within a Team
There are the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy procedures for resolving a dispute within a team to ensure all conflicts, problems, concerns and violations are properly and fairly addressed.
An individual can submit a concern or conflict for which they request a satisfactory resolution. The individual should refer to the following line of authority for resolving all disputes within a team.
Until a decision has been rendered by the current level of authority, an individual should not approach the next layer of authority in this conflict resolution process. A decision by any authority level should not take more than 7 days but all club authorities will work with the complainant to address the matter with a timely decision.
Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Head Coach
Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Board of Directors
5. Codes of Conduct
Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Participant Code of Conduct
- A participant is expected to comply with all LUSA rules, regulations, and policies - including but not limited to discipline, equipment and registration policies.
- A participant is expected to promote sportsmanship both within and outside the LUSA.
- A participant is expected to address any and all other LUSA participants in any communications of LUSA and team matters with respect and cooperation.
Standards of Conduct at Lakeshore United Soccer Academy Matches
All players, coaches and spectators are expected to comply with the following conduct expectations before, during and after matches.
1. All participants are expected to convey a positive attitude towards opposing players, coaches, spectators and game officials.
2. Participants will NOT make disrespectful or inflammatory remarks to any players, team officials, spectators or game officials.
3. The team coach is expected to control the behavior of the team’s members and supporters at matches.
4. Team members and supporters are expected to respect the team coach if asked to refrain from inappropriate behavior.
Player Code of Conduct
As a participant of Lakeshore United Soccer Academy, you are responsible for your own performance and conduct. Honesty, communication and reliability are expected at all times. Players are expected to participate with a positive attitude and to maintain a sense of sportsmanship and fair play.
In addition to other applicable expectations listed above, players are expected to:
1. Respect game officials and their decisions
2. Promptly attend games and practices, and notify the team coach for absences of team functions;
3. Respect other team members and the team coach;
4. Learn and respect the laws of the game
Coach Code of Conduct
As a team coach of Lakeshore United Soccer Academy, you are expected to manage the business of the team and to foster an environment of positive soccer playing experiences. Honesty, communication and reliability are expected at all times.
The team coach is responsible to the players and to the LUSA Board.
In addition to other applicable expectations listed above, coaches are expected to
Manage league and club business responsibilities for the team. Be familiar with these administrative responsibilities.
- Uphold the interests of the team and Lakeshore United Soccer Academy.
- Treat game officials with respect and dignity.
- Learn and respect the laws of the game.
- Treat all players with respect and provide fair playing opportunities.
As a team coach, you are the Lakeshore United Soccer Academy executive representation to the players. Maintain a positive attitude in victory and defeat and model inclusive behavior to the team members.
Other team officials that represent the team in any administrative functions should uphold their own conduct to the standards of this Coach Code of Conduct.
All red cards are reported to the Board by the team coach present at the game with a report of the incident. A report of each incident will be sent to the Board within 3 days of the match. The reporting responsibility will be considered to be of the appointed team manager where the team coach was absent for the game.
Game sheet irregularity – team Manager/Coach
Fail to appear at a hearing